Sunday, January 15, 2012

Service Interruption - Game Sage Humor

The image you are about to see was emailed to me a few weeks ago. I never saw a need to post it until now as I look at recent comments and emails that I've received.





In my time with AGE, on four separate occasions prior to my reporting a game sage for harassment and stalking, four different individual community volunteers approached me and offered to train me to be a game sage. Two were Shaiya Game Sages and the other two were from two other different AGE games. I'd like to think I was approached because of my winning personality but alas I am rather doubtful.


Anyways, I've noticed that this blog has a strange effect on game masters and some community volunteers. At least that's what I can tell going by the correspondences I receive. I hope this post will send the message that you don't need to be a Game Sage to help someone. At the same time I want to send the message that no community needs game sages. You don't need a company to give you special recognition of any sort to be a Good Samaritan. Especially if you look at some of the current game sages. Some have been banned, some have a "pocket GM" to keep themselves from getting banned for harassment or using the "I'm a GS card" to intimidate players from reporting them. As I've said before it's not a perfect system. Eventually it'll right itself.

Take care and have a nice day!
- TulaOvilo

No comments:

Post a Comment